Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Finding the Dress: Part 2

Miss part one? Find it here!

I walked out of the bridal store, drove home, tried calling my mom to no avail, frantically googled the a-line dress, and sent MaidoH A a message on gchat:

Me: hey, do you have a night free this week? (See how calm and collected I am?)
A: we could do something after crossfit. i am normally done around 8
Me: mmm k (less calm and collected)
A: or we could hang out before (what an awesome friend)
Me: because I either messed up big time or did something awesome
A: ohhh?
Me: I went to the dress shop on Union
A: ok
Me: two reasons, one because I wanted to see the swatches they had for bridesmaids dresses
Me: but also because last week was absolute (bad word) and I wanted to look at pretty things.

Then I sent her a link to the a-line silk dress.

A: whoa. that's cool.
Me: yeah. it is this almost goldish blush ivory color. gorgeous
A: ohhh fancy
Me: Normally $3,000+, and on sale for the next week for $500
A: ok
Me: so I was hoping we could find a time when you could come with me so I could try it on for you
A: yeah def
Me: It is the first dress I felt comfortable in.
A: I can leave work
A: and go now

And this, ladies and gentlemen, is why MaidoH A is AWESOME. She left work, and met me over at the bridal shop. We walked in, walked down to the fitting room, and tried on the dress. And guys, seeing her reaction, I knew beyond a doubt it was the dress. We tried it on with two different veils, but she loved the one that matched perfectly. It is the sort of creamy silk with little seed pearls on it. Gorgeous.
Back of the dress and the veil. Don't say I never gave you anything!
I am not sure yet about the hair flower, but if we do we'll make one ourselves because that one was RIDICULOUSLY expensive. But, now you can see the veil, and somewhat the color. After taking some photos and videos to send to my mom (who is currently in Alaska on vacation) we left.

I, probably obnoxiously, called my mom several times that evening in between the event I had to be at for work, and finally she had the chance to look at the photos. I was really worried she would be disappointed to not have found the dress with me, but when I told her the price, she said "don't be stupid, buy the dress." So, the next day, right after work, I went back and bought the dress and the veil.

The good and the bad is that, because it is off the rack, they let me take it home. This will be great as I find shoes and jewelry, and can actually put the dress on to compare them. It is really terrible, because I now have to go the next 13 months without blurting the whole thing out to my best friend (aka Mr. C). MaidoH A bit the bullet for me and it is now hanging in her apartment instead of ours, so at least the temptation is less, but I still want to go over and try it on every single day. I guess that's a good sign!

No comments:

Post a Comment