Sunday, May 26, 2013

One Week Tomorrow!

Tomorrow marks one week of engagement. It is crazy, really. I look down at this sparkly shimmer on my left hand, and this goofy grin spreads across my face.
Who wouldn't get a little giddy staring at this all day?
Honestly, the whole idea of a wedding hasn't really sunk it. Right now I seem to be enthralled with the idea of spending the rest of my life with Mr. C. He puts up with my goofiness and bad puns on the good days, and my grumpiness and crying on the bad.

This week, he had a little bit of both. I don't know if it was the rush of everything from the week, the fact that it was a stressful week at work, or some homesickness, but the whole week was a little rough. Most of my family and friends are back in Iowa or spread across the country. And although I've made some really wonderful friends here (like the fabulous Lady A) it is tough not having my people any closer.

One of the things Mr. C and I have discussed a bit, not really in any depth yet, is finding ways to meet some new people. What I'd really love are friends who we can go out and do cheap and/or healthy things with. At this point, about all we do with other people is bbq at various friends houses or meet up at for dinner or drinks. And while that is really great, and I am happy for us to keep doing it. But, we are now saving money to pay for a wedding, and we have been working for awhile to live a healthier lifestyle. Most of my parents friends are people they played softball or volleyball with. And while Mr. C is not a volleyball player, it would be nice to even individually be able to do something like that. Eh, I'll keep thinking on it.

No real wedding plans at this point. Eventually, we'll sit down with our respective families and talk budget. We are definitely not expecting them to contribute at all, but if they'd like to we certainly won't say no. Whether or not they will is definitely going to be a factor in the type of wedding we'll have, and how soon we'll have it. If it is just us, we'll probably wait awhile to save up the money to do what we'd like. Who knows! Stay tuned for more updates!

No comments:

Post a Comment