Saturday, October 19, 2013

My boys

There are moments every now and then where I sort of pull up short and just feel so astoundingly blessed. A few weeks ago, it was running to Kmart to buy Mr. C a bottle of shampoo. I know that sounds like the silliest thing, really I do. But I have a man who loves me, who cares for me, and who I love and care for. And sometimes that means I buy him shampoo. And that sounds strange, but it just sort of caught me as being wonderful.

This morning I had another one of those moments. While Mr. C works a regular Monday-Friday work week, I actually work Tuesday-Saturday. Most days, Mr. C's alarm goes off at 6:30, and he feeds The Moose.
The Moose says hi
Ala Pavlov, The Moose knows that when Mr. C's alarm goes off, it is time for breakfast. This morning, I woke up a little early. I sprained my ankle pretty badly, and it was aching pretty badly this morning and woke me up before my alarm. I stayed in bed for awhile, checking email and trying to find the perfect wedding necklace. The Moose hopped up on the bed, climbed right over me, and laid down on Mr. C's chest. Mr. C was still asleep, but sort of groggily came to, reached up, and started petting The Moose. Then the cat would jump down, trying to get Mr. C to follow him, realize he wasn't, and hop back up on the bed to start it all over again.


After three rounds of this, I managed to snag a picture. Mr. C might kill me for posting this, but it just makes my heart swell. Right after I took this photo, The Moose actually leaned down and sort of bumped Mr. C in the head, trying to get him to wake up, and Mr. C reached back up to pet him again. These are my boys. They are my whole life, and I love them so much that it almost aches. Mr. C has never had a cat before, and seeing how much he cares about The Moose makes me so happy.

I hear people ask sometimes why you should eve bother to get married, especially for people in our situation. We already live together, so what's the point? The point is, that as much as we love each other, after we sign our names on that paper we are officially a family. We are a team, emotionally, spiritually, and legally. In all senses of the world he is mine, and I am his, and we have the start of a very happy family together.

No comments:

Post a Comment