Tuesday, June 4, 2013

A Tentative Color Palette, or He Likes Blue

To be honest, I should have known better. I should have known not to get my heart set on colors without running them by my lovely fiance. And yet, I did it. We had talked a few times before our engagement about what the feel of our wedding might be. Elegent, soft, romantic, lots of candles. So, I came up with this: 

Tree backdrop, bouquets, bridesmaids, groom, cake, table number, table setting
Blush, grey, with little punches of cream and green thrown in. Wine corks, watercolor, soft fabrics, and dusty miller. All excited about it, I showed it to Mr. C. 

His response? I like blue.

So, back to the drawing board, at least in part. Because my groom loves blue, and to be honest, so do I. It is my favorite color. So I turned to The Perfect Palette, trying to find a way to work blue in. But, I began getting more and more frustrated. I loved the soft romance of the pink, and all of the royals, marines, navys, pools, and aquas looked too harsh. 

And then, I found it. I was browing the Perfect Palette's Pinterest page (try saying that five times fast) when I found The One. The Color. The one I'd been searching for: 
via The Perfect Palette

They even have an entire pinterest board devoted to Dusty Blue. It is soft, it is romantic, and it is already so close to what I was looking at. The bouquet on the right in my inspiration board up above? Switch the pink ribbon out for blue and we're set. Bridesmaids? Ditch the grey and put them in blue. It'll look better on everyone anyway. I'll probably still keep some of the pink around for pops of color, but man, it feels like this is moving in a direction I like. Granted, watch us book a recetion site with lime green or maroon floors or something like that. But for now, this is where its at!

No comments:

Post a Comment