Tuesday, April 9, 2013

An Introduction

When I was a high school senior, I had the chance to travel to Scotland and perform as a part of the American High School Theater Festival, which takes place in Edinburgh during the Fringe Festival. It was an amazing opportunity for anyone even remotely interested in theater.
My theater group, way back in 2005

The funny thing is, what stuck with me wasn't the city of Edinburgh, the food we ate, or even the other plays that we saw. What stuck with, perhaps unsurprisingly, is the play that we spent months rehearsing. I've done other shows before. I can belt out any of the songs from "Once on This Island", or anything I ever did in show choir. But the play that we did in Scotland, "All I Really Need to Know I Learned in Kindergarten", has had a profound impact on my life.

The play itself is based off of the book by the same name, written by one Robert Fulghum. Since performing that play, I've managed to purchase most of the books he has written. Something about his writing really resonates with me. I think it is his inherent belief in the good of people, in hope, and in the fact that even when things don't work out the way they should, they actually do.

The words of Robert Fulghum take are relevant from birth to beyond death. And, although I make no promise of covering all of those angles, I do promise to show you a little bit of our life along the way. This will range from health to crafts, recipes to party plans, and a little bit of who I am along the way.

So, are there any questions?


No comments:

Post a Comment